How to measure - Double roller blinds
We have all the information and instructions you need to measure your double roller blinds right here.
Follow along with our videos or see our written instructions below.
Before you start, have you?
What you will need
- 1 - 2 people
- 5 - 10 minutes
- Metal tape measure
- Pen and paper or download our check measure worksheet below
- Step ladder if necessary
Instructions for how to measure double roller blinds
We have written instructions and videos on how to measure for all types of blinds. Follow along with the video that matches your situation for simple instructions.
How to Measure | Inside Mount Double Roller BlindsIn this video Michael demonstrates how to measure for inside-mounted double roller blinds using the top-front slimline dou...Read More
How to Measure | Outside Mount Double Roller BlindsIn this video, Michael demonstrates the simple process required to measure your window for an outside-mounted double rolle...Read More
Automate your Roller Blinds | 4 great reasons why you shouldIn this video Mike takes you through 4 great reasons why you should automate your roller blindsRead More
Check measure worksheet
Before you start measuring, print off our Check Measure Worksheet to record your measurements. These check measure worksheets have been designed to ensure you capture all the details required to complete your order. When placing your order online, simply populate this information straight into the order form. Easy!
- Use a steel tape measurer for accuracy. Make sure it’s straight and tight when you take your measurements.
- From the front door, turn left. This becomes window 1 and then work clockwise around your house. Repeat upstairs if necessary. Also add your room name to each blind as you order them.
- Measure at the top of the window frame where the blind is to be installed. This is where your brackets will be placed.
- Always measure in millimetres (mm) – remember it’s OK to be 1mm short, but you can't be 1mm too long
- Measure every window, even those that appear to be the same width and height.
- The measurement you provide is the outside edges of the brackets – not the fabric width
- Do not take any deductions (iSeek Blinds will do this for you)
Sizes – Minimums & Maximums
We manufacture custom roller blinds to a huge range of sizes. To ensure you always get a great result, we have minimum and maximum dimensions for our roller blinds, depending on the fabric range.
* Please note: A small selection of our fabrics have a maximum width of less than 3,000mm, Please refer to our roller blind fabric specifications for all details.
Find out about linked roller blinds for windows wider than 3 metres
|Width (mm)||Drop (mm)|
250 mm (chain driven)
Design and Customise your Double Roller Blinds
- Bracket Selection - Inside Mount: For inside-mounted double roller blinds, iSeekBlinds recommends the top front double bracket. The top front double brackets offer great flexibility and compact styling keeping your blind fabrics close together with the front rolling feature of the top blind neatly completing the look. The top front double bracket allows for 2 different roll direction options. You can choose to either front roll both the back and front blinds or you can choose to back roll the back blind only. This is a personal choice and will depend on any obstructions you may have inside your window cavity. You can select your options when you design and order your blinds.
- Bracket Selection - Outside Mount: For outside-mounted double roller blinds, iSeekBlinds recommends the top back double bracket. The top back double brackets offer great flexibility and compact styling keeping your blind fabrics as close as possible to the architrave thereby reducing the light gap for greater light control and privacy. The top back double bracket allows for 2 different roll direction options. You can choose to either back roll both the back and front blinds which is recommended to achieve the least amount of gap. Or you can choose to front roll the front blind only. You can select your options when you design and order your blinds.
- Control Type: Decide if you want a chain drive to control both of your blinds or if you want to upgrade to a motorised control. You can also choose to just upgrade 1 of your blinds to a motor, which would generally be the front blind as this is the blind that will go up and down the most. If you choose a chain we will recommend a length for your chain drop, but you can choose a longer/shorter chain if you need it. You also need to decide which side you want your chain or motor on. For motors make sure you choose the side that is the easiest to access when you need to charge it.
- Colour Choices: You will have the choice of a white, black or anodised bottom rail and you can mix and match the 2 blinds with different colours to match your fabrics, make sure you note this for each blind as you take your measurements. Your choices of chains are either black or white as standard or you can upgrade to a metal chain or a stainless steel chain, which is highly recommended for wet areas or if you live near the coast.
- Spring Assist: All blinds with a chain drive over 1800mm wide should be ordered with a spring assist. This will ensure your blinds glide smoothly up and down with minimal effort and will limit wear & tear on the components.
- Add on a Pelmet: If you want to finish off your roller blind with one of our designer pelmets, you will need to order 2 single roller blinds instead of a double roller blind and ensure that the outside mounted blind is back rolled.
Note: Pelmets are only compatible with outside-mounted, back-rolled roller blinds.
Extra wide roller blinds
If your window is wider than 3,000mm, linked rollers blinds enable you to place blinds side by side across your windows, bifold or stacking doors. You can keep any chains clear of the centre and the gap between the blinds is greatly reduced with the use of our linking brackets.
Our linked layouts give you the option to link 2, 3, or 4 blinds for a maximum width of 12,000mm.
Try our free samples first
Find the perfect colour and texture to suit your home décor. Our free samples let you get the look and feel of our fabrics before you buy. And they’re always free, including shipping.Get free samples
Ready to order?
DIY can be daunting at first, but our customers always tell us it was easier than they thought. And we’re here to help with detailed, easy-to-follow guides, instructions, and videos.See guides and videos